I(Timothy) am so excited that you are here! The Man Effect is an ongoing project gone wild with desire and wonder. I have been on a personal journey of seeking what it means to be a man intentionally for years now and a part of this trip led me to forming The Man Effect as a documentation of where my curiosity has lead me.
I have often wondered what it means to be a man, but in 2014 I decided I couldn't just sit around and think any longer. So I started this project.
Sometimes I get sick to my stomach seeing the sad excuse of masculinity being displayed these days. I am not seeking to revive the 1920's masculinity. I am simply searching for the secure and the life-giving reality that I truly believe comes from secure masculine men.
I do want to acknowledge that this is a highly complex discussion and part of societies, history, and all of our lives. I am open to and like hearing peoples thoughts and I know I do not know everything about this topic, but this will not stop me from digging deeper into this topic and working hard to make observations that I feel could benefit many.
I would love to hear from you! Tell me how you found me or if you just want to talk send me an email!
Values of The Man Effect is simply these things.
- Assist men to grow and develop in self-confidence.
- Assist men to grow and develop in being more present in life.
- Create a place for men to grow and develop in emotional intelligence.
- Help men fight loneliness and depression.
- Help men find a meaning or purpose in life to live for.
We have a deep desire to help men who are isolated and hopeless. The Man Effect is working on creating tools and space for men to be safe, grow, get a healthy kick in the ass, and to be pushed to new limits.
Vision of The Man Effect
This next section are the dreams and vision Timothy has for this movement. If any of these interest you or you want to help we could really use it! Please feel free to reach out and contact us.
- To travel and speak on the topic of masculinity.
- Create a photo book of all the people interviewed over the years.
- Art shows displaying the photos taken and create a conversation around it.
- Start a podcast on the mighty men of history.
- Create a online program to help men make friends that are not superficial.
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or comments. We would love to hear from you!